At ShareMyFare, we want to make your travel experience better and cheaper.
Here's what we collect from you when you use ShareMyFare Services:
- Information provided explicitly by You to ShareMyFare: When you use ShareMyFare, i.e. when you enter a search query, or register a search, or create a user or group profile, you will be asked to provide certain forms of information. For example, when you search for fellow travellers to share your transportation you will need to enter current or starting location or airport, and your destination location or airport and other information, like your intended travel date and time, and your preferences for sharing the transportation – some of which are mandatory to conduct the search and help you connect with fellow travellers; and some information that is optional like the size of group, how many seats left or so. When you register for ShareMyFare, we also ask you to provide an e-mail address and to select a password, and optionally a nickname. You may also enter information that would be considered "personally identifiable" (that is, information that would allow us to directly identify you, such as your name or e-mail address).
- Information provided by Third-Party Login Functionality: We allow users with accounts on third-party services, such as Facebook currently and Google or Twitter in the future releases, to log into the Service using functionality that those third parties provide (such as Facebook Connect and Google's OpenID-based authentication mechanism). By using such functionalities to log into the ShareMyFare Service, you permit us to access and use specific identifying information related to your Facebook or Google or Twitter accounts. While these services make a variety of information available, ShareMyFare will associate only your e-mail address or other unique user account identifier with your ShareMyFare account.
- Information that is collected "Automatically": When you use ShareMyFare, we may automatically record certain information about your visit from your web browser or our mobile apps such as your IP address, the pages you view, or details of the searches you run on ShareMyFare, such as what destinations you are searching for, the date and time when you ran a search, the location from which you ran the search or your intended or planned travel or commute destinations. We may collect and may use this information to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences of our users.
- Information collected by "Cookies": When you use ShareMyFare, we may send one or more cookies to your computer or your mobile device. We may use both "session" and "persistent" cookies to collect, store, and sometimes track various types of information with regards to your searches and preferences. Session cookies will be deleted after you close your browser or our mobile apps. Persistent cookies will remain after you close your browser or the mobile apps, and may be used by your devices when you later return to ShareMyFare. You may remove the persistent cookies using your Web Browser or mobile device settings.
ShareMyFare uses the information that is provided by you, or that we collect to keep, improve and customize the ShareMyFare services, provide you the target content that we think may be interesting or relevant or useful to you, including advertisements, and for other administrative purposes.
Some examples include but not limited to below :
- We may use your e-mail address to contact you for administrative purposes to give you updates on ShareMyFare features and progress such as new functions, or provide you with promotional materials and offers if you opt in for that. You will always have the ability to opt-out of receiving e-mails about our updates or promotional materials or offers.
- We may communicate with you via e-mail regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of ShareMyFare.
- We may associate your usage details and with other information that we have collected about you, such as your search history to generate usage trends or display targeted ads.
We may provide NON-“personally identifiable information” to third parties for their use in helping us perform our internal business functions like performing maintenance, security, data analysis, e-mail transmission, or data hosting on our behalf. We will do our best to require these third parties to maintain your information securely, to not use it for purposes other than providing services to us, and to refrain from disclosing the information except when required by law.
ShareMyFare may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: (1) satisfy legal obligations or comply with legal process (2) protect ShareMyFare and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; (3) investigate and defend ShareMyFare against any legal claims or threats; (4) protect and defend the rights or property of ShareMyFare; (5) take action on user complaints, or (6) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of ShareMyFare, ShareMyFare Service or the public.
If there is a change in ownership of ShareMyFare, including via a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity, we may sell or otherwise transfer all information you provide to us, including personally identifiable information, to that entity.
ShareMyFare will NOT disclose or share your personally identifiable information, such as e-mails or other login details, with third parties.
You may choose NOT to share certain information with ShareMyFare, in which case ShareMyFare might NOT be able to provide some of the features and functionality to you. For instance, when you choose not to accept the cookies from the ShareMyFare. You may also always update, correct, or delete certain information on your profile information, and you may change your preferences. Please note that while your changes to your profile information are reflected immediately in our user databases, we may retain all or some of the information you previously submitted. If you would like your information permanently deleted, please submit a request to contact@ShareMyFare.com.
Aside from what we described above, we do NOT share or disclose personal information to our advertising partners without your consent.
ShareMyFare employs latest technology of safeguards that aim to help protect the integrity and security of our systems and to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personally identifiable information that we control. For instance, passwords are encrypted during transmission. For instance, the employees who can access personally identifiable information are limited to a small set who need such information to perform their jobs and sustain ShareMyFare services. We are not, however, in a position to guarantee the security of your information.
If ShareMyFare happens to learn of a security breaches, then we will attempt to notify you electronically, either by email or via our website. This should allow you to take the appropriate protective steps. Such communication methods are only examples. We retain the right to decide which method we will use to notify you of a security breach, and will do so consistent with our legal obligations.
Last updated May 31, 2013